Producer Hat

I sort of re-read the last post with a producer hat. Here's how that went:

PRODUCER HAT
You doubt you'll have the character ready by Saturday AM? Why are you sculpting? We don't need that, we need a simple blocking character with anim.

ARTIST
I know, but I want to get the scale right before I rig and I need to see the details to know if that needs to be changed.

PRODUCER HAT
But you're close now aren't you? Can't you just make a simple low poly version that scale, rig and animate that?

ARTIST
I could.

PRODUCER HAT
And how long would that take?

ARTIST
Not long.

PRODUCER HAT
Then can we stop sculpting for now and get that asset to Andrew to remove his blocker?"

ARTIST
Yes *heavy sigh*

My artist side wants to do things that are not in the best interest of the game as a whole. I have to also be my own producer and stop that and keep me on task. I kinda hate that but it does keep my artistic energy up b/c I have all these things in mind that I can't wait to do.