Game Dev vlog #3 Melee Weapons & Dungeon 1.0


This week I wanted to get the melee weapons implementation dialed in. Be able to swap weapons and have the attributes change. I still want to get more animations for different weapons but for now this will do.
I also wanted to get the start of the dungeons going. Get a feel for what that will look like. Its tricky to figure out the walls since I don't want the character occluded to easily, yet I also don't want to only have cliffs as boarders. I think I found a nice mix that will give me a few options for making interesting dungeon loops. In Cat Quest they use one kit to make all dungeons and it works. I wanted to go for something similar, with addition of more filler assets. I also have other colors for crystals and mushrooms to make some simple variations.