Friday, August 27, 2010

Mel script to mess with 2

I posted before a script to mess with, that was a short script, well I've added a UI to it and now its a crap load longer, but there are new features. It will save your cache settings with the file, so if you oversample it will remember the oversampling, etc.
http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/downloads/scripts-plugins/dynamics/c/cache-fluid-and-playblast
So check it out, I'll make it work for windows this weekend. Right now it's only Linux.

EDIT: now version 2.1 with changes from "Alberto" plus a few extra things that I needed to do like error checking.

2 comments:

Alberto said...

Just a note.
I was looking in your code because I was trying to do something similar last week with Karen Smith, but I had to give up to technical problems (basically I was trying to cache AND playblast at the same time).
I have noticed a small issue in your mel. May be you can read the current render format e the current playrate and then apply again them after the playblast. Otherwise someone can go crazy if they don't understand what happen :)

David Schoneveld said...

ah yeah I see you're saying b/c I set a few things I don't reset them afterwards...
Probably b/c of the render tools here I never have that problem but yeah, I'll fix that (and I already have a small optimization for it too)
also its not hard to make this work for nParticles... I have that working too, just not in thew script yet.